Research Associate III - Posadas Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # 20002416 Apply Now
This translational research laboratory is studying the biology of cancer metastasis, with emphasis on the model of prostate cancer. The ultimate goal of all our laboratory research projects is to develop new therapies to prevent metastatic progression of and to cure advanced prostate cancers.
The Posasdas Laboratory is affiliated with the Urologic Oncology Research Program at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute and the Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology Division.To learn more about the lab please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research/Research-Labs/Posadas-Lab/
The Research Associate III works closely with PI, providing technical and/or administrative support in large or multi-project oriented labs. May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process. Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. Coordinates all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Department and/or Unit Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plans, prepares, and performs FACS analysis and immune cell classification and analysis.
• Utilizes FloJo, GraphPad Prism and Filemaker softwares for data analysis, data management, and/or graphing.
• Plans, prepares, and performs microbiology and molecular biology techniques.
• Performs sterile cell culture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
• Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
• Act as liaison between laboratory and facilities equipment managers; ensures upkeep of equipment upkeep.
• Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author and for conferences.
• May make independent presentations.
• May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
• Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, Research Associate I/IIs, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
• Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
• Orders and maintains lab supplies; keeps inventory of common lab consumables.
• Attends Managers meeting and works with PI to plan/justify laboratory purchases including but not limited to – equipment, consumables/reagents, computer soft/hardware.
• Proficient in usage of PeopleSoft procurement software.
• In conjunction with Postdoctoral Researcher, act as liaison between lab and collaborator regarding weekly updates on equipment function, reagent inventory, etc. May act independently if postdoctoral researcher is absent.
• May need to travel for conference attendance/work.
• Participates in laboratory meetings.
• Adheres to all safety policies.
Bachelor of Science Degree in biological sciences or related field
Master of Science Degree in biological sciences or related field - preferred
Doctor of Philosophy Degree in biological sciences or related field - preferred
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience in area of research specialization
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in laboratory or regulatory affairs management
- Publications in immunology as related to cancer. - preferred
- Experience in FloJo, GraphPad Prism and Filemaker. - preferred
- Experience with microbiology and molecular biology techniques. - preferred
- Experience with sterile cell culture. – preferred
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; ability to learn new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others, and able to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Thorough technical and theoretical understanding of PI’s research objectives.
- Mastery of complex or unusual technical procedures and protocols.
- Ability to research, develop and implement new laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Working Title: Research Associate III - Posadas Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map