- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate III - Merchant Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # 19005271 Apply Now
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with People Like You
The Merchant lab applies cutting edge immune profiling modalities to study the immune system in patients with hematologic malignancies. In particular we are interested in understanding the function of NK and T cell biology in the context of allogeneic bone marrow transplant, adoptive cell transfer, CART cells, bi-specific immune cell engagers (BiTE) and oncolytic virus therapy. Our lab runs the imaging mass cytometry/CyTOF core facility at Cedars-Sinai. Imaging mass cytometry allows for highly multiplexed (35+ markers) imaging of immune and tumor cells, with spatial information and subcellular resolution. Imaging mass cytometry can be applied to all tissue types including cell lines, organoid, frozen section and FFPE fixed archival tissue. As a Research Associate in the Merchant lab you would assist with performing imaging mass cytometry and suspension mass cytometry.
To learn more about the Merchant Lab, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/merchant.html
Are you ready to apply your skills?
The Research Associate III works closely with PI, providing technical and/or administrative support in large or multi-project oriented labs. May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process. Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. Coordinates all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
In addition the RA II is responsible for:
- Provides research support for mass cytometry analysis.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author.
- May make independent presentations.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Facilitate the hiring and recruitment of new staff
- Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
- Oversee budgets and accounting activities
- Oversee translational research programs and research activities
- Provide support with grant submissions and reports
- Submit necessary regulatory documents (IRB, Biosafety, IACUC, etc)
- Maintain lab safety regulations and requirements
Bachelor of Science Degree, required
Master of Science Degree, preferred
Three (3) - Five (5) years of experience in area of research specialization
One (1) - Two (2) years of experience in laboratory or regulatory affairs management
- Working Title: Research Associate III - Merchant Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map