Principal Investigator, Keith Syson Chan, PhD is searching for a Research Associate III to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Keith Syson Chan, PhD, is a translational scientist excited about cancer research that expedites experimental therapies into clinical trials that can benefit cancer patients. His team focuses on investigating: i) how aberrant cellular differentiation impacts tumor characteristics, sub-typing and patient outcome, ii) how the interactions between cancer stem cells and the extracellular matrix or immune microenvironment can be exploited for therapeutic targeting.
Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional?
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs.
Under general guidance, the Research Associate III works closely with PI, providing technical and/or administrative support in large or multi-project oriented labs. May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process. Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. Coordinates all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author.
- May make independent presentations.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required.
- Master of Science Degree, preferred.
Experience and Skillset:
- 3-5 years' experience in area of research specialization.
- Technical skills and expertise in an area of study including, but not limited to, Molecular/Cellular Biology, Neuroscience, Engineering or mass spectometry.
- Cutting-edge histology/imaging techniques including quantitative bright-field and fluorescence microscopy, confocal microscopy, and electron microscopy is required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented.
- Working Title: Research Associate III - Keith Syson Chan Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later