Research Associate II
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Research Associate II at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0749546
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefits package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Research Associate for Regulatory Affairs performs a wide variety of start-up activities integral to the successful application and acceptance of essential regulatory documents. The Research Associate is responsible for insuring timely submission of complete, accurate and neat documents to research sponsors, IRB, and contract research organizations, where applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submits research projects (protocols, consent forms, recruitment materials, IRB application, etc.) for human subjects’ approval.
- Submits appropriate internal documentation for contract execution. Maintain communication with contracting officers and sponsors of research during the budgeting and negotiating process.
- Develops research project budgets based on protocol requirements and Cedars-Sinai published research costs, ensuring that all anticipated costs are appropriately accommodated and that research protocol, research budget and research subject informed consent documents are consistent.
- Monitors study payments and generates invoices as necessary to ensure adequate funding throughout the course of the trial.
- Ensures timely annual renewal of IRB approvals and consent forms for studies.
- Ensures the completion and maintenance of consent forms, case report forms, SAE’s and source documents to ensure that research is being conducted according to IRB, FDA, HSPC, HIPAA and other agency guidelines.
- Maintains regulatory files (financial disclosures, FDA forms, CVs, medical licenses, etc.) for clinical trials.
- Completes appropriate IRB paperwork and submission/filing of internal and external Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) to IRB.
- Maintains accurate records of honoraria and consulting fees for principal investigators for financial disclosures.
- Ensures that research is being conducted according to FDA, HSPC, HIPAA and other agency guidelines.
- Coordinates and prepares for institutional, pharmaceutical and internal audits.
- Coordinates site feasibility visits and site initiation visits for potential studies.
- Coordinates and collaborates with in-house and outside investigators and participating centers in multi-center studies to achieve research goals.
- Participates in weekly research staff meetings.
- Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc. Obtain necessary consent forms, or HIPAA information forms as needed, in research process.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or science-related field is preferred.
- Master’s Degree (MS/MA/MPH Degree, preferably in a scientific/health care field
- Related experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology required
- Experienced in federal grant proposal development and grant submissions and knowledge of IRB clinical research application procedures preferred
- Working Title: Research Associate II
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.