- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Associate II - Underhill LabRequisition # 18002038 Apply Now
The Cedars-Sinai Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) is searching for a talented Research Associate II (RAII) to join the team!
IBIRI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational, and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Dr. David Underhill's laboratory is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms by which some white blood cells, called macrophages and dendritic cells, recognize microbial pathogens and direct inflammation.
Find out more about Dr. Underhill's research by visiting
The RAII will be a significant addition to our team and must be driven, organized, detail-oriented and possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. If you are seeking a great opportunity in a results-driven environment, this may be the prime opportunity for you!
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assists in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques
- Manages mouse colonies and animal husbandry
- Performs procedures including but not limited to Western Blots, DNA/RNA PCR, ELISA, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, staining, and various mouse procedures (Intraperitoneal (IP) injections, oral gavage, organ harvest, etc.)
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assists in identifying and troubleshooting unexpected results
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences
Experience and Skillset:
- Minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials while maintaining close attention to details
- Able to perform moderate lifting
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Able to read papers and online documents
- Able to operate standard office equipment
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Underhill Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Gastroenterology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies / Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map