Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional interested in being part of Breakthrough Research?
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Cedars-Sinai is one of the leading institutes for driven research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Principal Investigator, Chirag Patil, MD is searching for a Research Associate II to join the team!
The research of Chirag G, Patil, MD, focuses on novel brain tumor therapies and precision medicine. Dr. Patil's research seeks to optimize brain tumor outcomes and help evaluate new treatment paradigms.
The Patil Lab seeks a Research Associate II with an interest in performing routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures. The RA II will develop technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects and will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The incumbent will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and helps in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Orients Research Laboratory Assistants or lower-level Research Associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Assists in developing organoid models of brain tumors and translational immune-oncology.
- Maintains small animal colonies.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in biological sciences, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Two (2) years of laboratory experience.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organization skills to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess digital literacy in Excel and Word.
- Ability to simultaneously manager multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Patil Lab - Neurosurgery
- Department: Home Dept-Black
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later