- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Associate II - Merchant Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # 19000213 Apply Now
The Research Associate II in the Merchant Lab will perform routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and utilize single cell technologies and computational approaches for the functional and molecular analysis of the dynamics of stem cell development
· Develop and utilize methods for imaging analysis of multiplex tissue imaging, including imaging mass cytometry
· Develop “multiomics” approaches to combine genomic, gene express and spatially resolved proteomic data sets.
· Develop novel translational applications in the areas of gene and cellular therapies, disease modeling, and/or drug discovery
· Develop new computational tools and methods to analyze and integrate biological data from large datasets to derive break-through scientific knowledge
· Use computational algorithms to address complex biological questions
· Assist in computational laboratory activities, including maintenance of equipment, the dissemination of data files, and the monitoring of certain documents
· Execute complex genetic analytic techniques (examples: genome-wide association study, functional annotation of genetic variants, family based genetic analysis, meta-analysis
· Assist in addition of new analytic capabilities to the lab
· Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments and results; assist in the operation of specialized computer equipment; observe safety standards and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
Two (2) years of laboratory experience in data analysis and informatics
Knowledge of common mathematical and statistical programing languages and tools, such as R, Bioconductor, Python, Matlab etc.
Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Merchant Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies / Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map