- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Associate II - Medina-Kauwe LabRequisition # 19002682 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai is seeking a skilled Research Associate II to work on utilizing the cell binding, membrane penetration and intracellular trafficking functions of pathogen proteins to develop novel cell-targeted nanotherapeutics in the lab of Dr. Lali Medina-Kauwe! For more information on this lab, please visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/medina-kauwe.html.
As a Research Associate II, you will work under direct supervision to perform routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develop technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. You will participate in research activities including investigation, testing/validation of results, and report findings, and will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. You will assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and help with general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assists in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences, required.
- 2 years of laboratory experience
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units
- Computer application experience and computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details
- Lifting up to 10 lbs. Walking across campus.
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Medina-Kauwe Lab
- Department: Home Dept-Fine
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies / Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map