- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate II (Mass Spectrometry Technician) - Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk LabRequisition # 20003204 Apply Now
The Proteomics and Metabolomics Core and the Van Eyk lab within the Advanced Clinical Biosystems Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking a talented and motivated Mass Spectrometry technician (Research Associate II) to join our team. While training will be provided, our ideal candidate would have experience in proteomics or metabolomics, and mass spectrometry. As a Technician, you will work directly with the Core Manager to assist in the operation, maintenance, and quality control of the mass spectrometry systems. You will also engage in protocol development and optimization under careful supervision and will aid in the conversion of successful protocols into standard operating procedures.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Run and maintain LC-MS instruments as part of our LC-MS team as directly instructed.
- Prepare quality control standards.
- Monitor and report on weekly Quality Control assessments of sample preparation and instrument performance.
- Perform and document mass spectrometer calibrations.
- Maintain instrument and consumable elog-books.
- Arrange visits of external service engineers to ensure instrument down-time is minimized.
- Work closely with the MS leads and Core Manager to develop and optimize new MS protocols and adapt successful workflows into new Standard Operating Protocols for the core.
- Responsible for materials ordering, receiving and inventory.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree is required
- Preferably in Biological Science or Chemistry
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in area of research specialization.
- While some prior experience with molecular biology and wet bench techniques is preferred, experience in specific tasks outlined above is not required and training on lab specific protocols and techniques will be provided as needed.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are required.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Windows-based software.
- Experience in laboratory research and basic research; skills in data management and analyses.
- Ability to work independently. Knowledge of budgetary requirements and policies.
- Good communication (in English) and interpersonal skills.
- Working Title: Research Associate II (Mass Spectrometry Technician) - Smidt Heart Institute - Van Eyk Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map