- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate II - Keith Syson Chan LabRequisition # HRC0405684 Apply Now
Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Keith Syson Chan, PhD, is a translational scientist excited about cancer research that expedites experimental therapies into clinical trials that can benefit cancer patients. His team focuses on investigating: i) how aberrant cellular differentiation impacts tumor characteristics, sub-typing and patient outcome, ii) how the interactions between cancer stem cells and the extracellular matrix or immune microenvironment can be exploited for therapeutic targeting.
Examples of the significant contributions in the field made by Dr. Chan’s lab are found in the following publications:
To learn more about Dr. Keith Syson Chan follow links below:
Are you ready to apply your skills?
As a Research Associate II, you will perform routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects involving preparation of buffers and media, mouse and human tissue processing, immunohistochemistry, mouse handling, and regulatory compliance. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery including mass cytometry system.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Demonstrates experience in tissue culture (i.e. maintaining cell lines, using aseptic techniques, count and split cells), molecular biology techniques (i.e. DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, gel electrophoresis, western blot) and animal handling and care.
- Must be comfortable in working with research animals (i.e. mice).
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required
- Two (2) years Laboratory or related research experience
- Two (2) years minimum experience in programming, analyzing and database management in a research environment.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Keith Syson Chan Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map