Research Associate II - Dr. Koltsova
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Research Associate II - Dr. Koltsova at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0885948
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research with discoveries occurring in 26 departments and institutes that encompass the full spectrum of medicine.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings.
Will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Department and/or Unit Specific – Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and utilize single cell technologies and computational approaches for the functional and molecular analysis of the dynamics of stem cell development
- Develop and utilize methods for imaging analysis of multiplex tissue imaging, including imaging mass cytometry
- Develop “multiomics” approaches to combine genomic, gene express and spatially resolved proteomic data sets.
- Develop novel translational applications in the areas of gene and cellular therapies, disease modeling, and/or drug discovery
- Develop new computational tools and methods to analyze and integrate biological data from large datasets to derive break-through scientific knowledge
- Use computational algorithms to address complex biological questions
- Assist in computational laboratory activities, including maintenance of equipment, the dissemination of data files, and the monitoring of certain documents
- Execute complex genetic analytic techniques (examples: genome-wide association study, functional annotation of genetic variants, family based genetic analysis, meta-analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred degree in math, statistics, applied math, or computer science
- Master’s Degree or graduate course work preferred.
- Two (2) years of laboratory experience in data analysis and informatics
- Knowledge of common mathematical and statistical programming languages and tools, such as R, Bioconductor, Python, Matlab etc.
- Working Title: Research Associate II - Dr. Koltsova
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.