- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate I - Turkson Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # 20003519 Apply Now
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with Employees Like You
The Turkson Lab is a drug discovery and development research group of biologists and medicinal chemists. The lab runs a multi-disciplinary research operation that is focused on targeting cancer pathways, including the Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT)3 signaling pathway, for the discovery and development of suitable small molecule and natural inhibitors as potential new anticancer therapeutics. Research interests also cover the application of small molecules and natural products as chemical probes to interrogate signaling pathways in cancer for mechanistic understanding.
Are you ready to apply your skills?
The Turkson Lab is hiring a Research Associate I, who will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. Observes safety standards and procedures. The Research Associate I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohisto chemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
In addition, the Research Associate I will perform the following:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and log samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows in the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Department and/or Unit Specific – Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining tissue culture.
- Preparing buffers and other solutions.
- Conducting biochemical and molecular biology assays, including molecular cloning of expression DNA constructs, gel electrophoresis, immunoblot, PCR, etc.
- Organizing and conducting independent experiments to address cell biological problems and assisting other lab members to conduct experiments.
- Conducting literature searches, data collection and analysis.
- Maintaining general lab organization and coordinating efforts to restock lab supplies and reagents.
Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Experience with animal handling
- Working Title: Research Associate I - Turkson Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map