- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute - Parker LabRequisition # 20003208 Apply Now
The Parker Lab at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking an organized and energetic Research Technician to join our team (Cedars official position title “Research Associate I”). Our lab blends classical Physiology and Molecular Biology techniques with cutting edge proteomic molecular profiling to study a range of diseases. Our main focus is on mechanistic and drug target discovery for aortic aneurysm disease and atherosclerosis. We also work on biomarker development projects to develop diagnostic tools. Our technical expertise in Mass Spectrometry based Proteomics has also brought us an exciting collaboration studying Ovarian Cancer and mechanisms of chemotherapy resistance. We are a small but dynamic lab, with a diverse array of techniques and interests. We are looking for a team member to join us an entry level technician to support our team on our iPSC, bioengineering, and proteomic projects.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
Working under direct supervision, as a Research Associate I, you will perform routine laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. With close supervision, you will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. Will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. You will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Department and/or unit specific - essential job responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures including cell culture, mass spectrometry sample preparation, western blotting, PCR, and other standard biomedical techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences is required
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience working with mice, cell culture, standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, immunohistochemistry, and/or western blotting.
- Working Title: Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute - Parker Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map