- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Associate I - Sean Li Lab - Cancer InstituteRequisition # HRC0373363 Apply Now
Research Associate Position in Sean Li Lab at Cedars-Sinai
Li lab has recently moved from Harvard Medical School to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and is at the phase of expansion. Our work explores gender disparities in bladder cancer and our research has led to a new concept of the epigenetic sex. We seek to decipher the sex epigenome, characterize candidate sex-biasing factors, and identify sex-specific therapeutic targets. In addition to bladder cancer, we are also interested in benign urologic diseases such as urinary tract infection and bladder regeneration/repair.
Under general guidance, the Research Associate manages activities including research, compliance, resource management and general administration. May be co-author or author of publications. May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities as Laboratory Manager, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures
• Shares Lab Manager responsibilities
• Orients new individuals to the day-to-day operations and laboratory procedures
• Supervises and trains new lab members, Research Lab Assistants, Research Associates, and Research Fellows
• Orders and maintains lab supplies and reagents
• Molecular biology experiments including PCR, rt-PCR, DNA and RNA extraction, etc.
• Genotyping and mouse colony management
• Histology including cryostat and microtome sectioning
• Microscopy and image acquisition
• Immunohistology and immunofluorescent staining
• Researches, develops and implements new laboratory procedures and protocols
• Participates in planning, troubleshooting and executing investigative research projects
• Assists in preparation of grant proposals, publications and presentations
• Organizes and presents scientific findings for publications as co-authors
• B.S. is required, M.S. is preferred, and M.D. or Ph.D. is also considered
• Experience and training in experimental biology
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented
• Works well with others, and able to multitask
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with peers
• Self-motivated and works well independently to make the difference
- Working Title: Research Associate I - Sean Li Lab - Cancer Institute
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map