Principal Investigator, Tanuj Gulati, PhD is looking for a Research Associate to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Gulati Laboratory is a systems neuroscience laboratory interested in understanding the motor basis of behavior. The lab uses cortical and spinal electrophysiology to understand the neural basis of motor control and learning, as well as sleep-related consolidation of a motor skill.
The Gulati Lab is also investigating novel neuroengineering strategies for repair and functional recovery after brain injury (stroke) and spinal cord injury that utilize development of spinal/cortical motor prostheses, brain machine interfaces and neurorobotics. To learn more, please visit: Gulati Lab | Cedars-Sinai (cedars-sinai.org).
Working under direct supervision, the RAI will be responsible for critical research support tasks including but not limited to rodent surgeries for implanting electrodes for electrophysiology recordings, rodent behavioral training and recordings, troubleshooting with laboratory’s custom behavioral boxes for rodents (using Arduino microcontroller, 3D printed parts, etc), animal behavioral training, perfusion/ histology, ordering supplies, and maintaining lab resources (protocols, manuals, documentation, and calendars). The RAI will have an opportunity to analyze behavioral and neural data with other research staff using Matlab/ Python, collaborate on experimental designs and prepare scientific findings for publication as an author or co- author.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies
- Files and monitors documents, keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures
- May assist with animal husbandry
- Maintains lab equipment and related records
- Transports, processes and logs samples
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies using PeopleSoft
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, Bioengineering or related field required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software
- Solid understanding of routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word
- Prior experience in a systems neuroscience lab is highly desirable
- Experience with rodent surgeries, rodent behavioral training, experimental neurophysiology techniques, perfusion/ histology is a plus
- Working Title: Research Associate I - Gulati Lab
- Department: BioMedical Science
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later