Research Associate I - Goodridge Lab - Stem Cells & Immunology/Hematology
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Research Associate I - Goodridge Lab - Stem Cells & Immunology/Hematology at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0742578B
Dr. Helen Goodridge is looking for a Research Associate I to join her research group at the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute!
The Goodridge Laboratory studies include pathways and mechanisms of myelopoiesis during homeostasis and in response to infections and tumors, studying the production of immune cells by bone marrow stem cells, and the roles these cells play in protection from infection as well as in inflammatory diseases, cancer, and aging. To learn more, please visit: Goodridge Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai (cedars-sinai.edu)
Working under direct supervision, the RA-I should have an interest in immunology and stem cell biology, supporting us to achieve our research goals by performing lab maintenance duties and assisting other lab members with their experiments. The RA-I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, experimental assays (e.g. ELISA, PCR, flow cytometry), Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Lab maintenance duties, including washing and sterilization of glassware, operation of autoclaves, and other specialized equipment.
- Maintenance of laboratory reagents and disposable stocks.
- Equipment maintenance and record-keeping.
- Transportation, processing, and logging of samples.
- Maintenance of computer databases with relevant information.
- Performance of administrative duties in the laboratory or in accordance with research projects.
- Maintenance of project records, as required.
- Ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents in a timely manner.
- Observation and compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Assistance in the performance of experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects.
- Assistance with rodent colony management and assays.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences required.
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- May be trained on-the-job in basic benchwork under close supervision of PI or other designated laboratory supervisor.
- Function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research associates, technicians, and students.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to analyze and interpret information and/or data.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and recommend solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Scheduling flexibility and timeliness including evening, weekend, and holiday rotation commitment. Travel may be required.
- Working Title: Research Associate I - Goodridge Lab - Stem Cells & Immunology/Hematology
- Department: Regenerative Medicine Inst
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.