Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefits package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Research Administrative Coordinator works under the direction of the Research Director; Research Manager; and the Research Operations Associate of the assigned research area. Provides reports pertaining to the budgetary and fiscal management of research programs. Assists in coordinating division academic activities. Provides assistance with time and effort reporting. Serves as a liaison to internal departments and external philanthropic and academic organizations. Provides administrative support and coordination of the operational and administrative activities for the research area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of Directors, Managers, and Principal Investigators on budgetary and fiscal management for all operations within assigned area.
- Coordinates the administrative and office management systems for the department/unit. Edits policy and procedure manuals. Disseminates information including announcements, policies and procedures.
- Maintains calendar of events and tracks deadlines, schedules meetings, makes travel arrangements, and submits travel reimbursements.
- Composes written correspondence, NIH reviews and letters of recommendation.
- Generates monthly fiscal and physician billing reports and distributes to department management.
- Serves as a point of contact between departmental administrators and Sponsored Research and Funds Administration (SRFA).
- May assist Principal Investigator with completing and submitting federal and non-federal grants.
- May assist with pre- and post-award grant administration functions.
- May assist with tracking project metrics.
- Applies federal and state regulatory and licensing requirements, as well as organizational bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures to all assigned projects, and assists with implementation of new regulatory and compliance related programs.
- Assists with the daily activities of the Director and related faculty members including project management and execution of strategic planning.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of budgets for research programs.
- Tracks HR compliance and regulatory activities for research staff members, including maintenance of the HR files, new hire paperwork, coordination of regulatory and compliance training, etc.
- Coordinates all academic activities, seminars, lectures and meetings.
- May prepare course syllabi, develop audio visual materials using PowerPoint and other applications, gather information for presentations.
- May conduct literature searches and format manuscripts for submission and publication.
- Adheres to procedures for office management and compliance with CSMC administrative regulations and
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent language skills and understanding of Grants, Manuscript, and Abstract guidelines. Strong verbal and writing ability as well as communication, computer, organization, personnel and time-management skills
- Working Title: Research Administrative Coordinator (Per Diem)
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later