- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Admin Coordinator - HSR/CORERequisition # 19003369 Apply Now
As a Research Administrative Coordinator, you will work under the direction of the Research and Medical Directors, Service Line Manager and the Senior Administrative Services Associate of the assigned research area. You will perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Performs data analysis and provides reports pertaining to the budgetary and fiscal management of research programs.
- Coordinates all division academic activities and provides assistance with time and effort reporting.
- Coordinates and assists with activities pertaining to business development, community relations, and grant management.
- Serves as a liaison to internal departments and external philanthropic and academic organizations.
- Actively responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative staff as well as the coordination and management of junior laboratory workers.
- Works in close collaboration with Directors, Managers, and Principals Investigators on budgetary and fiscal management for all Programs within assigned area.
- Provides monthly analysis of fiscal management and physician billing reports to the chairman, Directors and Managers to facilitate meeting budget targets.
- Serves as a liaison for Research Director to Service Line Directors and Managers between grant and fund and General Accounting and Financial Services Areas.
- Assists the Research Director on projects as assigned.
- Applies federal and state regulatory and licensing requirements, as well as organizational bylaws, rules and regulations and policies and procedures to all assigned projects, and facilitates implementation of new
regulatory and compliance related programs.
- In collaboration with Principal Investigators and laboratory senior staff, position is responsible for administrative and financial management of research grants, facilitation of business process and on going
monitoring of prostate cancer center divisions to ensure compliance with CSMC and research institutes.
- Oversees the daily activities of the Director and related faculty members including project management and strategic planning.
- Creates and maintains budgets for research programs.
- Responsibility for the HR compliance and regulatory activities of all other research staff members, including maintenance of the HR files, new hire paperwork, coordination of regulatory and compliance training, etc.
- Coordinates all academic activities, seminars, lectures, and meetings.
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the smooth operations of the Director’s office.
- Serves as Liaison to Major Donors; works closely with Community Relations for development of new donations.
- Coordinates the activities pertaining to associated business in development.
- Works closely with Legal to develop strategies and projects for such businesses and proprietary and licensing agreements.
- Prepares course syllabi, develop audio visual materials using PowerPoint and other applications, gather information for presentation, arrange air and/or ground transportation, submit expenses and monitor
- Prepares and submits monthly time and effort and physician time study forms for faculty members.
- Submits manuscripts, NIH reviews, and letters of recommendation.
- Constant communication with pharmaceutical representatives, meeting coordinators, VIP patients, medical faculty, etc.
- Provides technological support and instruction for telecommunications, wireless communications.
- Develops and implements procedures for office management and compliance with CSMC administrative regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent directly related experience.
- Excellent language skills and understanding of Grants, Manuscript, and Abstract guidelines. Strong verbal and writing ability as well as communication, computer, organization, personnel and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in a basic research laboratory environment.
- Work directly with Graduate Education in Biomedical Sciences to manage HSR Masters Program tasks.
- Directly manages the coordination of HSR’s annual Virtual Medicine Conference.
- Assists HSR Director with calendar and travel arrangements
- Working Title: Research Admin Coordinator - HSR/CORE
- Department: Health Services Research
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map