Reseach Nurse Coordinator II - Cancer Clinical Trials OfficeRequisition # 19004251 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
We welcome you to look at our nursing opportunities at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute. We have an immediate opening for a Research Nurse Coordinator II. As the Research Nurse Coordinator II, you will provide educational services to research participants and their family members regarding study participation, participant's current clinical condition, and or disease process. In this role, you will assess and document adverse events as reported by research participants.
You will also work closely with the Principle Investigators (PI) to document reports and progress. Additionally, you will record research data where assessed or reported by patient, such as their symptoms of treatment. As a key member of our research team, you will participate in the query and analysis of research data.
- You will have general oversight of research portfolio as it pertains to the clinical coordination of the studies.
- You will facilitate and deliver the education of the interdisciplinary team on study requirements
- You will collaborate with the research team to develop and communicate a plan of care that allows for safe and effective collection of clinical research data.
- You will coordinates research participant study visits and triage study participants by phone and provides clinical information to the study participants.
- You will recruit study participants and/or lead recruitment activities.
- You will complete and document study participant enrollment, assessment/reassessment, education, and follow-up activities as well as coordinate study participant interventions as required and/or has oversight of the research activity.
- Serve as a liaison between study participant and PI, Clinical Research Nurse and other research staff.
- Prepare data spreadsheets for PI and/or department and update investigation binders and complete Case Report Forms.
- You may prepare IRB submissions, assist with data compilation, assist with grant proposals, publication preparation, and presentations.
- You may oversee grant activities post award through closure including, monitoring budgets, compliance, and progress reports.
Three (3) years minimum clinical nursing experience and two (2) years of research nursing experience are required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated commitment to quality service & care, team work, and CSMC goals.
Associate's Degree, required
Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
Valid California RN license, and current BLS (Basic Life Saving Certificate). CCRC/CCRP required at time of application, or must be obtained within one year of date of hire.
- Working Title: Reseach Nurse Coordinator II - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Research (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map