Registered Nurse - Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator - 8-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0511992A
Are you ready to bring your clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Trauma Program plays a vital role in helping people survive and heal from severe injury. As a Level I trauma center, we offer advanced resources and technologies throughout Los Angeles County and beyond. Cedars-Sinai has the capabilities to deal with the most extreme injuries, including those that require surgical specialties and complex intervention. A fully equipped operating room and expert team are always available to treat life-threatening injuries. At Cedars-Sinai, patients are in the hands of an experienced trauma team, united by a mutual mission to save lives.
In this role, you will provide primary support to the Trauma Program Manager (TPM) for the trauma performance improvement and patient safety (PIPS) program. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of processes related to multidisciplinary trauma peer review and internal trauma systems issues including case reviews, identification of issues (provider and system), tracking and trending of complications/audit filters/issues, and maintenance of appropriate files and data systems.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Coordinates all aspects of performance improvement and patient safety processes, including systems and peer review processes
- Ensures all cases are identified that require review, peer review, systems review, and require reporting to Department of Health
- Completes chart review / case review on all deaths, audit filters, select complications, systems issues and clinical issues
- Participates in the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) fulfilling TQIP agreement including but not limited to the following: ensuring data submission, review of TQIP data validation reports in collaboration with the TPM and Trauma Registrars, completion of the monthly tests, participation in webinars and conferences, and other duties as assigned by the TPM
- Participates in preparations for any and all designation and verification trauma site surveys
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care nursing experience preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in a clinical Quality Improvement/Peer Review role are strongly preferred
- 3+ years of clinical trauma nursing experience, e.g., emergency department, operating room, surgical-trauma intensive care unit highly beneficial
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Quality Improvement, QI, Clinical Quality, Healthcare, Medical Center, Trauma, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Trauma Service
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Quality Measurement & Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus