Registered Nurse - Senior Manager, Operations - Oncology Clinic
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19003893
Would you like to use your leadership expertise and passion for efficiency with an organization that is known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you!
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care.
As the Senior Manager, Operations, you will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations of assigned areas. This dynamic position works closely with leadership and physician management to develop a centralized infrastructure and operations for a specific specialty or regional programs or departments. You can expect to play an important role in coordinating program and policy development for multiple sites, ensuring successful implementation and monitoring.
We are seeking an experienced manager to have authority over fiscal oversight, budget management, development and oversight of efficient processes. You will play a critical role in the implementation of programs that include the coordination of multiple sites/locations and departments, setting goals and strategies, acting as a mentor, coach and problem solver, encouraging strong customer service values, and developing effective communication with management personnel from various departments. This position assures patient advocacy and will provide key leadership in change management and the establishment of new programs and practices.
This influential decision-maker reports to the Director, Clinical Operations. A successful leader in this position will be well-organized, open-minded, decisive, and flexible with outstanding ability to communicate well with others, work as a team, and lead others by example and direction. Strong writing skills and extensive computer experience and knowledge of the medical, insurance and basic health-care industries are necessary. Key to your success will be capability to promote the consistent enactment of the values of Cedars-Sinai and ensure a steady focus on the demands of patients, doctors and staff.
- Management and coordination of administrative and clinical services for one or more physician office sites
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of projects and initiatives relating to operations, and ensuring they are consistent with strategic mission
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains staff compliance with health system and Foundation policies, procedures and protocols
- Understands and is supportive of business requirements and fiscal structure of the Foundation, including patient assignment, risk and specialty network structures, and utilization management
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for assigned areas, including budget preparation, expense control and revenue enhancement. You will collaborate with the Director to develop business and operations plans, programs and services
- In collaboration with operational and medical leaders, establishes effective patient care processes and workflows. Develops and supports policies and procedures that support quality and timely patient care services. Ensures appropriate physician, locum, physician extender, technician and staff coverage. Evaluation and review of all human resources issues and communicates appropriately.
- Maintains appropriate quality control programs and partners actively with risk, quality, safety and clinical operations leadership to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement in provision of clinical services.
- Functions as key resource in utilization of key information systems and technologies. Assumes responsibility as practice liaison for the resolution of system related issues, identification of improvement opportunities and implementation of key systems and system and workflow enhancements.
- Supervises employees in administrative, clinical, technician and health information staff. In cooperation with executive and medical leadership, provides direct administrative supervision of physician extenders. Assesses qualifications and hires new staff, takes on the assessment and improvement of competencies, work assignments and schedules, orienting, coaching, training, in-services, performance evaluation, compensation, mentoring, discipline and terminating employment. Partners with appropriate departments in the necessary execution of these duties (e.g. clinical services, risk, quality, human resources).
- You will model leadership to promote collaborative teamwork, cross-training and flexing of staff across operational areas, open communication and strategizing to ensure effective coordination and integration of services between operational areas and programs. Demonstrates consistent skill to promote, enhance and support the organizational culture.
- Effectively manages staff and materials in direct areas of oversight, including creation of effective short and long-term staffing plans, cross-training of staff where appropriate and effective and oversight and management of productivity. You will make recommendations for effective staff and space utilization. Ensures areas of direct responsibility are responsibly and effectively structured and supported to ensure physician productivity and to provide a strong foundation for internal team and patient satisfaction.
- Takes appropriate steps to ensure appropriate daily staffing, including volunteering of services when qualified in situations of inappropriately lean staffing. Ensures own knowledge of staff processes to facilitate all necessary human resources efforts. Participates in selecting outside sources for needed services and provides review and oversight for those services.
- Ensures proper documentation and communication of program activities
- Maintains strong partnership and collaborative communication across the Foundation and with associated service departments of the CS Medical Delivery Network. Serves as liaison with facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality, risk, human resources and payroll.
- Adopt an enthusiastic, collaborative approach to finding opportunities for enhancement before formalizing the instructions and suggestions for enhancement;
- Take the time to communicate with the physicians and staff to make sure they are updated on new projects, programs and completion of projects/tasks.
- Functions as a positive, creative and effective leader, actively participating in performance improvement and problem-solving.
- Participates in the design and supports the operational implementation of organizational restructuring, new workflows, processes, programs and technologies within a department and in conjunction with multiple departments or specialties.
- Participates in ongoing program development.
- Actively manages change, including the transitions of new physicians and programs; develop specific transition plans to ensure successful implementation.
- Identifies and develops process improvement plans for new and existing programs/processes.
- Develops a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement; ensures standard methodologies are in place, developing improvement plans to achieve the highest standards when necessary.
- Communicates and models high standards of professional, responsible, accountable and ethical behavior.
- Promotes an organizational focus by establishing goals consistent with organizational goals, facilitating collaboration and coordination for cross-departmental decision-making and supporting new concepts that enhance the functioning of operations.
- Demonstrates daily leadership and is able to navigate change, see opportunities for improvement and function as a role model.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment with an open, communicative and collaborative approach that supports staff development, ensures employees’ ability to contribute and supports organizational values of fairness and consistency
- Demonstrates flexibility in examining and implementing new approaches in response to changing organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of California required
- A minimum of five (5) years of medical office experience, preferably in a multi-specialty medical group setting, including medical office management and/or supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office, Epic/CS-Link or other computerized practice management and EMR systems required
- Billing experience is advantageous
- Experience providing leadership to operations teams in an ambulatory setting is strongly preferred
- Expertise with regulatory, reimbursement, legal and policy issues as they relate to operational management desired
- Fiscal management skills and proven ability to prepare, monitor and control budgetary expenses, enhance productivity and revenues and demonstrate outstanding proficiency in the analysis of productivity and profitability is beneficial
- Ability to work well with diverse teams and coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities is required
- Prior successful experience in developing, generating and managing reports on all aspects of the business
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Operations, Cancer, Oncology, Hematology, Chemotherapy, Los Angeles, Santa Monica=============================================================
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Senior Manager, Operations - Oncology Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map