Registered Nurse - Quality Improvement Coordinator
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19004716
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of experts who are setting the bar for cardiovascular care in the United States.
The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments.
You can look forward to collaborating with our world-class faculty and attending physicians. We aim to provide deep clinical competencies across all specialties, including transplantation, stem cell therapy, congenital heart disease, women’s heart health, valve disorders, arrhythmia and hypertension.
As a Quality Improvement Coordinator, you will collaborate with the Document Management Specialist Supervisor and Heart Institute Managers to collect data from the medical record that will be publicly reported to the American College of Cardiology (ACC) NCDR data registries and the Society of Thoracic Surgery (STS) - Adult and Congenital and California Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Outcomes Reporting Program (CCORP) data registries.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Completes review of inpatient and outpatient records for CVIC/CVS and Cedaron databases.
- Responsible for maintenance of chart audit tools for data capture. Provides inservice education to nursing staff, physicians, AHP, perfusionists, and fellow trainees on documentation requirements essential for accurate data collection and reporting to national registries.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying operational structure of the Heart Institute departments and of the larger Health System in organizing and prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems and ensuring the orderly and timely flow of data collection.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current California RN License
- Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
- CPHQ Certification required within two years of hire under this job description
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in acute care nursing with advanced clinical nursing skills and theoretical knowledge in cardiovascular medicine required
- Cardiac ICU experience preferred
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Cardiac, Cardio, CV, Cardiovascular, Heart, Quality, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Quality Improvement Coordinator
- Department: Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Quality Measurement & Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map