- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Registered Nurse - Prenatal Diabetes Educator - Part-Time
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20003484
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical competencies to a world-class organization recognized as one of the nation's largest and most experienced providers of prenatal testing and diagnosis? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you!
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists partner with doctors and healthcare professionals from many fields of medicine at Cedars-Sinai to deliver the most specialized, well-rounded care. We provide prenatal testing for both routine and high-risk pregnancies. Prenatal testing involves screening for problems with the pregnancy or baby and making any vital diagnoses so treatment can begin as soon as possible.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to advocate for patients dealing with the challenge of diabetes before and during pregnancy and provide ongoing support. This is a very independent part-time position that will be allowed to work from home some of the time. The CDE will see patients in-clinic and have a high level of collaboration with physicians.
The schedule for this position will be five 4-hour shifts, Monday - Friday.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Conducts diabetes education to staff, patients, and families including diabetes medications, orals and injectable, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, and other education needs
- Conducts and participates in research focused on diabetes management across varied patient populations
- Serves as an advocate and liaison for patients, families, and staff regarding diabetes management including diabetes survival skills and self-management
- Provides and documents patient, family and significant other education, including smoking cessation, pneumococcal vaccination and other patient specific subjects, utilizing effective teaching methods
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (BSN) required
- Master's Degree, Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- Certification as Diabetes Educator from the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- At least 1 year of experience as a Diabetes Educator required
- Prefer experience with diabetes in pregnancy in a high risk obstetric clinical setting
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Diabetes Educator, Maternity, Maternal, Prenatal, Pregnancy, Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Prenatal Diabetes Educator - Part-Time
- Department: Prenatal Diagnosis Ctr
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map