Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, all your effort, all the details, and each second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence! From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Registered Nurses in our 30-bed inpatient Pediatrics unit, care for pediatric patients with acute health conditions, chronic health conditions and surgical problems related to general, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. All pediatric patients and their families receive, individualized, developmentally appropriate family centered care by the interdisciplinary team on the pediatric unit.
As a Registered Nurse for Pediatrics, you are responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of care for the specialty patient population. You will also
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program bonus. See website for details: http://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/employee-referrals/
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association BLS and PALS certifications required
- Chemo certification preferred
- Minimum 1 year recent RN experience in Pediatric Acute Care
Per Diem staff must consistently meet the following work requirements.
- A minimum of 2 days per pay period is required.
- Be available to work the number of hours or shifts agreed upon with the Executive Director / Associate Director / Supervisor.
- When agreed upon shifts are self-canceled, the work commitment must be met by working another day(s) in the pay period.
- Work a minimum of three (3) weekend shifts per 6 week schedule (exception: Ambulatory / Outpatient Clinics).
- Per Diem staff working 144 or more hours per time schedule will work a minimum of four (4) weekend shifts per schedule.
- If Per Diem staff fails to meet their weekend commitment, a letter of "self-termination" by failing to meet the time commitment will be sent.
- Be available to work two (2) of the six national holidays one must include Christmas or New Year's.
- The holiday commitments will include the holiday eves as the day.
- Be available to rotate shifts as needed.
Working Title:Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Pediatrics - 12hrs Nights
Department:Pediatric Care 4North
Position Type:Per Diem
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later