Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - 12-Hour Full Time Nights and Rotating Days
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0718807
Would you like to be part of an organization that is committed to delivering the highest quality of medical care to our patients? Do you have a passion for using your nursing skills in a state-of-the-art clinical environment? Over 400 infants, children and adolescents come to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Cedars-Sinai every year. Some are recovering from major surgery of the heart, brain or spine. Others require therapy for serious illnesses, such as asthma, respiratory failure, shock, cancer or trauma. Under the leadership of Harold Amer, MD, we provide every child and family with state of the art medical care combined with attention to their outstanding psychosocial needs.
Please consider bringing your clinical competencies to this dynamic full-time opportunity. We would be happy to hear from you!
Summary of Essential Duties:
As a Registered Nurse in the PICU you are responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You will also
- Provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to understand directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association PALS and NRP certification.
- Minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience in specialty.
- Acute PICU cardiac experience is a plus!
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - 12-Hour Full Time Nights and Rotating Days
- Department: Pediatric Intensive Care
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus