Registered Nurse - Oncology Research
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20000689
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Coordination and delivery of care to oncology patients participating in clinical research protocols
- Follows all protocol related requirements. Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform required research nursing duties on phase I, II, and III clinical trials
- Reviews all clinical study records, including informed consents, to ensure complete study documentation in compliance with regulations.
- Manages patient care under the supervision of the MD to include symptom identification, symptom management, and follow-up medical care
- Triages patient calls appropriately and consults with the physician when needed or requested
- Maintains management and oversight of patients being treated on assigned research protocols
- Provides consultation, support and education to patients and families as needed
- Provides leadership to Coordinators and other ancillary staff regarding assigned protocols and trial-related requirements
- Provides feedback to members of the management team in the development of policies and procedures as requested
- Practices safe environmental and/or infection control methods
- Participates in planning, workshops, evaluation meetings, seminars, educational and/or administrative meetings as necessary or requested
- Performs record abstraction to obtain eligibility and inclusion/exclusion criteria for patients in consideration for entry onto research studies
- Provides accurate and complete source documentation for patients taking part in research protocols
- Documents concomitant medications and adverse events accurately per FDA and GCP guidelines
- Validates patient/family understanding of study requirements, risks and benefits by assisting the physicians in obtaining informed study consent
- Accurately calculates study medication dosages, completes appropriate orders, and follows all standard operation procedures
- Performs clinic assessments for assigned patients and accompanies MD on patient clinic visits
- Works closely with clinical research coordinators and data managers to complete case report forms and meet all data entry guidelines
- Completes all documentation required for serious adverse event reporting
- Assists research staff in responding to data queries
- Follows all FDA, GCP and ICH guidelines for study conduct in the care of patients on research protocols
- Assists in preparing for monitoring visits. Meets with monitors when requested or needed
- Seeks guidance and direction, as necessary, for the successful completion of job duties. Asks appropriate questions when in doubt
- Communicates well with research nursing team and with management. Keeps supervisors/management apprised of important departmental concerns and issues.
- Provides care to patients including but not limited to peripheral lab draws, central line draws/care, and EKGs.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California Registered Nurse license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Oncology Certified Nurse preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience required
- Experience in research and clinical trials required
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Clinical Trials, Research, Oncology, Hematology, Cancer, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Oncology Research
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Research (RN)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map