- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - 12-Hour Nights
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid - Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
You could earn a bonus when we hire your referrals.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19000583
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Our world-class, 45-bed, Level IV, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admits nearly 700 infants per year, dedicated to providing the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation or intensive care. We are one of the largest in Southern California and unmatched in the United States for its state-of-the-art design and technology.
As a Registered Nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit you will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population.
- You will provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- You will provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You will provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You will perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and initiate peripheral venous access.
- You will observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You will plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. This will include appropriate reporting, referrals, and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to needs of the specific populations. This will include cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family, and condition needs.
- You will intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions for patients.
This position is eligible for a $5000 Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals/
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider certifications
- Specialty Certification required (external applicants must obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - 12-Hour Nights
- Department: Neonatal Care I
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map