Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 4S Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant/Hospice - 12hrs Nights
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19002730
If you practice nursing at a higher level, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center can give you the opportunity to elevate it to an art. You’ll be part of a team whose skills, dedication and passion have enabled us to achieve Magnet® designation five times. 4SE is looking for Registered Nurses.
4SE General Medical-Surgical Service and Departments of Medicine and Infectious Diseases to provide quality care to adult (aged 15 and higher) medical patients who are deeply ill with a spectrum of diagnoses related to HIV/AIDS, as well as other medical diagnoses such as: pneumonia, r/o tuberculosis, sepsis, sickle cell anemia, cancer and palliative care. Patients admitted to the unit by their primary care physician or by the Hospitalist/Faculty Service. A multi-disciplinary approach throughout the continuum of service. Patient care needs are identified through interdisciplinary assessments, team care planning, and a patient classification system.
There is a special focus on pain management, medications, self-care, nutrition, and education. 4SE staff provides special procedures including chemotherapy administration and monitoring, pain management, metabolic support, patient and caregiver education and support, and palliative care. Respiratory isolation services are available to those patients requiring ‘airborne precautions’. Patients who require a higher level of care are transferred either to a cardiac monitoring unit or to an intensive care unit (ICU).
Come join the staff of 4S Medical Surgical Oncology/Hospice. They have positions available Registered Nurses. 4S is a fast paced unit requiring excellent partnership and a commitment to excellence every single day. If it is your goal to work in an environment of high accountability striving for excellence, this is the place for you!
- You will provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- You will provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You will provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You will perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and initiate peripheral venous access.
- You will observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You will plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. This will include appropriate reporting, referrals, and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to needs of the specific populations. This will include cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family, and condition needs.
- You will intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions for patients.
This position is eligible for a $3000 Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals/
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association BCLS and ACLS
- Specialty Certification required (external applicants required to obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Full body motion
- Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
- Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist), flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
- Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 4S Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant/Hospice - 12hrs Nights
- Department: 4Sw Oncology
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map