- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse - Kidney Transplant Coordinator
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid - Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
You could earn a bonus when we hire your referrals.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19000543
Are you ready to bring your clinical expertise to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
With surgical and medical expertise in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most successful facilities of its kind. Here, patients find a compassionate environment and hope for a longer, healthier life.
Summary of Essential Duties:
As a Clinical Program Coordinator - Transplant, you will be Responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of Post Kidney Transplant patients’ evaluation throughout the continuation of services to follow up care.We are seeking an expert RN to take responsibility for the following.
- You will serve as the Kidney Transplant Coordinator for the interdisciplinary team, including: Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Financial Analysts, Case Managers, and support staff.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate educational programs/projects for patients, personnel, and the community.
- Collects/documents data to meet clinical, financial, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the development of guidelines, protocols, pathways, and other performance improvement activities. Participates in research activities.
- Serves as a patient advocate throughout the patient care process. Represents the Medical Center at regional and national meetings/conferences.
- The Transplant Coordinator provides nursing care consistent with Nursing Standards of Care/Practice, the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, CSMC Code of Conduct, the Performance Improvement Plan, the Patient Education Plan and Nursing Strategic Plan.
- You will maintain competency skills including the ability to provide care to special patient populations and patient with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify the ability of the patients to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
- You will determine safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment; and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the patient population.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN required
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care hospital nursing experience required
- ICU experience preferred
License/Certification/ Registration Requirements:
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Specialty certification required
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Transplant, Critical Care, ICU, Kidney, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Kidney Transplant Coordinator
- Department: Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing - Registered Nurse
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map