Registered Nurse - Kidney Transplant Coordinator - 24-Hour On-Call
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0706539
Are you ready to bring your clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
With world-class surgical and medical proficiency in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most successful facilities of its kind. Here, patients find a compassionate environment and hope for a longer, healthier life.
As a Kidney Transplant Coordinator you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of care for patients throughout the continuum of transplant services. The Transplant Coordinator will oversee donor offers and coordinate with all interdisciplinary services to determine viability.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Serves as the on-call coordinator for the interdisciplinary team, including: physicians, nurses, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, financial analysts, case managers, and support staff.
- Communicates with the Organ Procurement Organizations, exhibits knowledge and ability to facilitate the transplant process when organ becomes available to the transplant candidate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in managing donor and transplant recipient care
- Responds to patient calls and clinical concerns and appropriately documents in patient’s medical record.
- Collects/documents data to meet clinical, regulatory (OPTN/UNOS/MCS), financial requirements
- Participates in the development and implementation of practice guidelines, protocols, pathways, performance improvement and research activities.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates educational programs/projects for patients, personnel, and the community. Represents the Medical Center at regional and national meetings/conferences.
This is a 24-hour on-call position. You can expect to be scheduled to work seven or eight 24-hour days each month. A six-week schedule would consist of 3/24-hour shifts in a pay period with a rotating 4th 24-hour shift every 3rd pay period.
- BSN (Bachelor of Science, Nursing) required
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- CCTN or CCRN Acute/Critical Care Nursing or PCCN Progressive Care Nursing Cert or other specialty certification required
- A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in acute care setting required
- Organ transplantation experience preferred
- At least 1 year of ICU experience required
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Transplant, Organ, Medical, Healthcare, Hospital, Telecommuter, Remote, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Kidney Transplant Coordinator - 24-Hour On-Call
- Department: Kidney Acquisition
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus