Registered Nurse IV (Supervisor) - Outpatient Fertility Clinic - 8-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0668403
Are you passionate about patient care and interested in leadership opportunities? Cedars-Sinai Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center, one of the nation’s premiere academic leaders in the field is looking for a nurse leader to join our expert team. Interested in using your experience in clinical care and leadership? Our team will be excited to have you join us. You can be part of our growing center that cares for individuals and couples with infertility interested in starting a family now and in the future. We also offer fertility preservation opportunities for couples and individuals for medical and nonmedical reasons.
Our team of physicians are clinicians, educators and researchers performing the most cutting-edge research focusing on infertility diagnosis, treatments and other reproductive hormone conditions to advance the care we offer to our patients. If you are interested in joining our clinical leadership team that is on the forefront of caring for patients with reproductive needs and passionate about delivering the highest quality of care and patient satisfaction at one of the best places to work in Southern California, we would be happy to hear from you!
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Manages clinical nursing staff in the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and the Gynecologic Specialties clinics. This includes educating staff and completing annual review evaluations in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Participates in the recruitment and onboarding process for new staff including interviews, department orientation, and probationary reviews.
- Assists in maintenance of employee files, updates training binders, submits agenda items for staff meetings, and serves as an integral member of the leadership division meetings.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care services including coordination of care for fertility treatment cycles and early pregnancy, administering medications, performing phlebotomy, chaperoning physicians during procedures and initiating emergency procedures.
- Schedules Per Diem LVNs and/or full time RN and LVN staff to ensure coverage for weekends.
- Serves as back-up for the other CN IV on the OB (MFM) side of the clinics and for placing nurses into Ambulatory Float Pool staff assignments.
- Obtains test results, provides extensive patient education, reviews and prepares charts for clinic, follows FDA guidelines for third party donors, and supervises other nursing staff.
- Coordinates clinic on the weekends and holidays, ensures outside lab kits are available, refills medications and submits for prior authorization if needed. Acts as the super trainer for Point of Care urine and glucometer and performs NST testing in the Prenatal Diagnostic Center when coverage is needed.
- BSN (Bachelor of Science, Nursing) required
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- Specialty certification required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 5 years of nursing experience in a specialty that involves coordination of care required
- At least 1 year of experience in a Fertility Clinic preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Outpatient, Clinic, Fertility, OB/GYN, Women's Health, Healthcare, Medical, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse IV (Supervisor) - Outpatient Fertility Clinic - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Center for Repro Medicine
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus