Registered Nurse IV - Pediatric ICU - Night Shift
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20002449
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in Pediatric treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our nurse leaders do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
Over 400 infants, children and adolescents come to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Cedars-Sinai every year. Some are recovering from major surgery of the heart, brain or spine. Others require therapy for serious illnesses, such as asthma, respiratory failure, shock, cancer or trauma. Under the leadership of Harold Amer, MD, every child and family receive state of the art medical care combined with attention to their unique psychosocial needs.
As a Registered Nurse IV you will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population.
- You will be an expert clinician who demonstrates a high standard of knowledge and competency in a specialty as well as general nursing.
- Consistently demonstrate excellence in all areas of nursing practice including nursing care delivery, staff education, research, and collaboration.
- Handle complex, unpredictable patient care situations and are a nursing leader.
- Serve as a resource to the nursing staff, the unit, the organization, and the community to champion the advancement of nursing.
- Apply clinical knowledge regarding standard of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements in patient assignment making delegations of tasks, documentation and oversee care for the delivery team.
- Exhibit a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Provide leadership through initiative, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications required
- National specialty certification required
- ONS Chemo Bio certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of acute RN experience required, including 3 years with inpatient Pediatrics
- Chemotherapy experience preferred.
- Current employees are required to be a CN III at CSMC for at least twelve (12) months
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Pediatrics, Intensive Care, PICU, Critical Care, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse IV - Pediatric ICU - Night Shift
- Department: Pediatric Intensive Care
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map