Registered Nurse IV - Operating Room - 12-Hour Full Time Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1083894
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our nurse leaders do. They have a strong combination of clinical competencies, management abilities and integrity. As a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report! Now we invite you to join us. We would be happy to hear from you!
Over 32,000 operations are performed in 51 operating rooms here annually, and more than one-third of all surgeries performed are minimally invasive procedures. After helping develop laparoscopic surgery as a widely used surgical discipline, we are now at the forefront of robotic surgery, while building a training program to teach outside surgeons to do complex robotic procedures. Cedars-Sinai boasts nationally recognized programs in transplantation, cardiothoracic surgery, surgical oncology and gastrointestinal surgery, orthopedics, urology and established a new training program in otolaryngology in 2019.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Oversee a team of RNs and Medical Assistants providing nurse visits for a variety of surgical patients, including suture removal, staple removal, and wound care in an outpatient clinic setting
- Assume the responsibility and accountability for the supervision and application of the nursing process throughout the delivery of patient care
- Coordinate shift operations; assigns and monitors meal periods, rest breaks, and tardiness on a shift by shift basis; When in charge, oversees and authorizes incidental overtime; Provides assistance to co-workers, new staff, temporary staff and students
- Delegate and assign tasks to licensed and unlicensed health care workers within the scope of their job responsibilities
- Coach and support nursing staff in the application of advanced clinical skills and critical thinking to support patient care activities
- Evaluates, facilitates and promotes patient flow, coordinates discharge planning and team rounding as applicable
- Lead and/or actively participate and support one or more of the following activities areas: Shared Governance-Chair, MD/RN Collaborative-Chair, Preceptor, Mentor, TCAB, Committee, Project, participation in community service activities or other related
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/employee-referrals
- BSN or higher required
- California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification required
- National Specialty Certification (i.e. CMSRN) required or willing to obtain within one year from start date
- A minimum of 5 years of acute care RN experience in the Operating Room
- Internal applicants should have maintained satisfactory Clinical Nurse III status for a minimum of one (1) year
Working Title:Registered Nurse IV - Operating Room - 12-Hour Full Time Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department:Main OR Operation
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus