Registered Nurse IIl - Imaging PACU - 10-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0560900
Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Would you like to take your nursing skills to the next level in a state-of-the-art environment dedicated to making the Imaging process as stress-free as possible? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center, a division of Cedars-Sinai, offers a full range of imaging services for adults and children. Each year, almost 500,000 inpatient and outpatient exams and procedures are performed and interpreted at the center. Our physicians are board certified by the American Board of Radiology in their respective subspecialties. Our subspecialized imaging physicians, American College of Radiology certified technologists and customer-service oriented staff provide our patients with state-of-the-art imaging technologies and innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment.
As a Clinical Nurse III (CN III), you will be a proficient and experienced clinician who provides nursing efficiently and effectively using a high level of technical and organizational skills as well as critical thinking ability. A CN III possesses an in depth knowledge in all aspects of nursing care for a specific unit patient population and consistently applies specialized knowledge and skills in the management of care for individual or groups of patients and their families. You will be regarded as a resource for staff on patient care issues.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Provides and precisely documents nursing process components and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- Provides experienced care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures
- Consistently provides comprehensive care services to complex patients, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access
- Plans and implements individualized patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care using standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to understand directions/instructions and give consent
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient
- Demonstrates leadership and/or actively participates and supports one or more of the following activities areas: Shared Governance-Chair, MD/RN Collaborative-Chair, Preceptor, Mentor, TCAB, Committee, Project, participation in community service activities or other related
- When assigned charge nurse responsibility, coordinates unit activity throughout the shift, initiates chain of command as appropriate
- Delegates and assigns tasks to licensed and unlicensed health care workers within the scope of their job responsibilities
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- ACLS and PALS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of Acute Care Nursing experience required
- 2 years of Imaging Nursing experience preferred
- Ability to read EKG's, specialist at IV starting, and monitoring sedated patients of all ages
- Comfortable educating patients about pending procedures/treatments required
- Experience responding to codes highly preferred
- Preferred: Prior experience with implantable cardiac devices, including the ability to perform interrogation and reprogramming of devices for patients undergoing MRI scans
- Internal applicants are required to be a Clinical Nurse II for a minimum of 1 year in order to be considered
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Imaging, MRI, PACU, Outpatient, Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse IIl - Imaging PACU - 10-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Imaging Nursing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus