Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Pain Management
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20002872
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as one of the top ten in the country? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Pain Center was established with the mission to improve the quality of the lives of individuals who suffer acute, chronic, and cancer pain, as well as those with facial disorders and diseases.
The center's trained, board-certified healthcare specialists include doctors with specialties or fellowship training in anesthesiology, internal medicine and physical medicine. Team members include providers who treat back, head, neck and facial pain, to name a few, in addition to psychologist, physical therapists, and chiropractors. This multidisciplinary approach translates into individually designed treatment programs that are the best fit for patients' needs.
As our next Clinical Nurse III (CN III), you will be a proficient and experienced clinician who provides nursing efficiently and effectively using a high level of technical and organizational skills, as well as critical thinking ability. A CN III possesses an in-depth knowledge in all aspects of nursing care for a specific unit patient population and consistently applies specialized knowledge and skills in the management of care for individual or groups of patients and their families. You can look forward to being regarded as a resource for staff on patient care issues.
- Provides and precisely documents nursing process components and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides experienced care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures
- Consistently provides comprehensive care services to complex patients, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitation.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes, evaluates and expeditiously alters plan of care based on signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates advanced assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams based on observations.
- Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care according to standardized procedures.
- Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to understand instructions and give consent.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current, unrestricted California State RN License required
- ACLS Certification from the American Heart Association required
- Specialty Certification required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date), preferably in Pain Management
- A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in one of the following required: Procedural, Critical Care, OR, Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Cath Lab, Emergency Room
- Applicants with at least 1 year but less than 3 years of experience may be considered as a Clinical Nurse II
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Pain Management, Outpatient, Procedure, Healthcare, Medical Center, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Pain Management
- Department: Anesthesia Pain Ctr-Procedures
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map