Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Breast Cancer Center
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20002881
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
The path through breast cancer care is different for everyone. Cedars-Sinai has assembled a team of experienced experts dedicated to fulfilling our patients’ unique needs. The breast cancer program offers care for high-risk patients, nurse navigators, fertility preservation, and research and clinical trials found only at Cedars-Sinai. We are seeking a highly compassionate Registered Nurse with strong clinical competencies to educate patients, respond to their questions, obtain consent and guide them from the pre-op to post-op stages of their treatment.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Provides direct and indirect care services, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient.
- Provides leadership to other RNs, including Charge Nurse and Preceptor duties.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Specialty certification required (or willing to obtain within one year of service)
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in an outpatient setting preferred
- Oncology nursing experience preferred
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Breast Cancer, Oncology, Outpatient, Healthcare, Medical, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Breast Cancer Center
- Department: Breast Center
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map