Registered Nurse III - Interventional Radiology - Outpatient Oncology
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20000183
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient satisfaction? Would you like to use your expertise with an organization that is known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you!
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care.
As a Clinical Nurse III, you will provide consistency and continuity of quality-centered patient care for Oncology patients, including those who may require imaging, biopsies, drainage procedures, intravenous support and/or moderate sedation. The CN III provides clear communication and feedback with radiologists, patients, families and referring physicians. We are seeking an expert Registered Nurse to take responsibility for the following...
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will obtain patient histories and nursing assessments and develop patient care as needed, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Provide consultation, support and education to patients and families
- Conduct pre-procedure calls to patients in conjunction with the imaging staff to screen patients for procedure readiness by providing pre- procedure teaching.
- Perform medication reconciliation and obtain physician orders to hold any anticoagulant medications prior to procedure
- Request that all necessary medications and supplies used by interventional radiology are ordered and that all supplies are current and rotated
- Document accurately and concisely within your scope of practice
- Administer moderate sedation with direction from the Radiologist (s)
- Monitor and assess patients who receive moderate sedation under the supervision of the attending Radiologist to include symptom identification, diagnoses, treatment and follow-up within the scope of your RN role
- Collaborate with the research team and the physician as needed to assure that biopsies are processed according to specifications of the trial or patient diagnosis
- Participate as a member of the Imaging Team in the coordination and delivery of care to patients, including allergy assessments and line placements
- You will be a consultative participant in the development of clinic guidelines
- Practice safe environmental, and/or infection control methods. Adheres to policies and procedures for billing and coding.
- Perform checks of emergency supplies, such as defibrillator, oxygen supplies, medications, and reversal agents.
We are excited to hire a highly professional, dedicated and compassionate RN with the following attributes.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California Registered Nurse license required
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association required
- Certified Radiology Nurse required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care nursing experience, including either Interventional Radiology or Critical Care required
- Excellent IV and central line skills required
- Moderate sedation competency required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Excellent ability to obtain clinical history and perform patient assessment
- Solid understanding of Oncology patients requiring imaging or biopsies, specifically as it relates to the following diseases - Melanoma, Lymphoma, Prostate, Lung, Breast and Colon Cancers
- Outstanding ability to maintain quality and safety in the clinical environment
- Highly competent with understanding of the most effective infection control standards
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse cot
- Up-to-date knowledge of clinical operations and procedures
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Oncology, Cancer, Interventional Radiology, Imaging, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - Interventional Radiology - Outpatient Oncology
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map