- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse III - Ambulatory Procedure Float Pool
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid - Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
You could earn a bonus when we hire your referrals.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 18002041
Are you ready to bring your clinical expertise to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
We are seeking a compassionate, dedicated RN who enjoys variety to support multiple ambulatory clinics throughout the hospital campus on a rotating basis. You will play a critical role in patients' lives every day.
Essential Job Duties:
- This Ambulatory Float Pool RN will be assigned to clinics that require more expertise with outpatient procedures
- You will provide and document patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients. Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy, central line access and care if applicable, and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition. Assesses signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics. Plans and implements care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care according to standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and capacity to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Display flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple specialty clinics.
- Participates in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on both inpatients and outpatients of all ages.
- Works collaboratively with physicians performing thoracentesis, paracentesis, lumbar punctures, bone marrow biopsies, vascular access for both short and long-term, bronchoscopy, administration of moderate sedation, infusions, and a variety of other procedures.
- Provides patient education i.e., care of ports, PICC lines, etc. The CN III will coordinate care of the patients and services.
- He/she can identify safety concerns in the age-related population and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment and identify development milestones in the age-related population.
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required
California State RN License required
BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications from the American Heart Association required
Specialty Certification preferred (will be required to obtain within one year of hire)
• Working knowledge of applicable Standards of practice.
• Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
• A minimum of Two (2) years of recent acute care nursing experience required
- ICU, ER, Cath Lab, or Procedural experience strongly preferred
• Sitting, walking, standing, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Exposure to normal office and clinical area noise.
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - Ambulatory Procedure Float Pool
- Department: Ambulatory Division Float Pool
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map