- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse III - 7SCCT - Medical/Respiratory ICUsRequisition # 29488 Apply Now
ICU Nursing requires more than just exceptional technical skill. Our ICU Nurses give their compassion, their ambition, and everything they have to provide patients the highest level of care. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s one of the many reasons we’ve earned a four-time Magnet designation. So if you’re up for the challenge, we invite you to join us. As a Level I Trauma Center with a Paramedic Base Station and Level III NICU, we offer roles in specialized ICU areas such as surgical, trauma, cardiac, cardiac surgical, medical, respiratory, neuro, pediatric, and neonatology. Come discover for yourself why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse III for 7SCCT- MICU/RICU (Medical & Respiratory Intensive Care Units). The MICU is a 12-bed unit that cares for patients with acute medical emergencies such as drug overdoses, sepsis, GI bleeding, hepatic failure, CNS bleeding and stroke. The RICU is a 12-bed unit managing the care of mechanically ventilated patients.
The Registered Nurse III assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the critically ill medical/respiratory ICU patient population.
• Provides and documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients. Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
• Provides direct and indirect patient care services including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
• Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
• Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition. Assesses the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics. Plans and implements care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
• Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
• Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
Note: All External Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher required preferred.
• Current California State RN License required
• American Heart Association BCLS and ACLS
• Specialty Certification required (external applicants must obtain within one year of hire)
• Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. NOTE: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
• Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
• Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
• Full body motion
• Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
• Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
• Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist), flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
• Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - 7SCCT - Medical/Respiratory ICUs
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0601002 - 7 SCCT MICU/RICU
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Medical Surgical ICU
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 12hr
- Hours: 7pm - 7am
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Night
- Weekends: Every Other
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map