Registered Nurse II, Pediatrics - 12hr FT - Rotating
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0510147
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in Pediatric treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
Nurses in 4Northeast, our 30-bed inpatient Pediatrics unit, care for pediatric patients with acute health conditions, chronic health conditions and surgical problems related to general, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. All pediatric patients and their families are provided individualized, developmentally appropriate, family-centered care by the interdisciplinary team on the pediatric unit.
As a Clinical Nurse II (CN II) you will be a competent clinician who provides nursing care in a skilled and effective manner. You can look forward to utilizing appropriate decision making skills while exhibiting competence in the technical, interpersonal and cognitive abilities required to independently and safely manage routine patient assignments. The Clinical Nurse II establishes a plan of care, sets goals, determines priorities, and provides care within established standards of practice.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- Administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics
- Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures
- Initiates emergency procedures when indicated
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- PALS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 1 year of acute care nursing experience required
- Experience in Pediatrics and Oncology preferred
- Working Title: Registered Nurse II, Pediatrics - 12hr FT - Rotating
- Department: Pediatric Care 4North
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus