Registered Nurse II - Outpatient Chemo Infusion - 10-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0567770
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
As a Clinical Nurse II, you will function to assist oncology patients with medical care and treatment. You will interact directly with patients, both in person at the time of clinic appointments and visits, as well as by telephone, to respond to inquiries. This position functions as an Oncology Registered Nurse performing professional clinical duties in the infusion clinic to provide quality patient care.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Review charts each afternoon prior to the day’s appointments
- Ensure protocol is signed off by physician and authorization obtained from billing office
- Carry out physicians’ orders in a professional and timely manner
- Accurate and timely completion of daily charge slips
- Draw blood samples as appropriate and perform phlebotomies
- Participate in patient education, including use of handouts, videos, audio materials, and other educational devices
- Maintain appropriate records of clinical activities
- Advise supervisor, physicians, or administrator of possible or actual problems
- Maintain scheduling of chemotherapy treatments, outside labs and other tests as needed
- Review and adhere to department policies and procedures to maintain proficiency in operating guidelines
- Assist with specimen testing as needed
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- Current Chemo-Bio Certificate required (or willing to obtain within 30 days from start date)
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- A minimum of 1year of recent experience in Oncology nursing required
- At least 1 year of experience administering chemotherapy in an outpatient setting required
- Proficiency in peripheral IV/central line access and phlebotomy required
- You will work in a generally clean environment, but may be exposed to chemotherapy, chemotherapy-contaminated waste, and infectious materials including blood, body fluids and possible communicable diseases.
- The work environment requires you to use protective barriers, such as gowns, gloves, masks and goggles/protective face shield to ensure protection especially when mixing and or administering chemotherapy, hazardous drugs, or contact with blood or bodily fluids.
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Chemotherapy, Oncology, Infusion, Outpatient, Clinic, Cancer, Healthcare, Medical, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse II - Outpatient Chemo Infusion - 10-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus