Registered Nurse II, OR - 12hr FT Days
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0481927
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of excellent healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Highly trained surgeons perform approximately 32,000 surgeries in 42 operating rooms at Cedars-Sinai each year. Beyond surgical excellence, Operating Room services (O.R.) enjoys a national reputation for superb clinical care and superior outcomes where surgical teams integrate cutting edge technology with new collaborative practices.
O.R. has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse who will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the O.R. patient population.
- You provide and document direct and indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients.
- You provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- You observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You plan and implement care based on observations, implementing appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association BCLS.
- One (1) year of acute care RN experience in specialty.
- Full body motion
- Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
- Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist), flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
- Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds
- Working Title: Registered Nurse II, OR - 12hr FT Days
- Department: Main OR Operation
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus