Registered Nurse II - Imaging - Outpatient Oncology
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0439783A
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
Summary of Duties:
- Provides consistency and continuity of quality-centered patient care for Oncology patients, including those who may require imaging, biopsies, drainage procedures, intravenous support and/or moderate sedation.
- Provides clear communication and feedback with radiologists, patients, families and referring physician.
- Obtains patient histories and nursing assessments and develops patient care as needed, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Provides consultation, support and education to patients and families as needed
- Performs pre procedure calls to patients in conjunction with the imaging staff to screen patients for procedure readiness by providing pre procedure teaching.
- Performs medication reconciliation and obtains physician orders to hold any anticoagulant medications prior to procedure.
- Requests that all necessary medications and supplies used by interventional radiology are ordered and that all supplies are current and rotated.
- Documents accurately and concisely within the RN’s scope of practice.
- Administers moderate sedation under the direction of the radiologist (s).
- Monitors and assesses patients who receive moderate sedation under the supervision of the attending radiologist to include symptom identification, diagnoses, treatment and follow-up within the scope of the RN role
- Collaborates with the research team and the physician as needed to assure that biopsies are processed according to specifications of the trial or patient diagnosis.
- Participates as a member of the Imaging Team in the coordination and delivery of care to patients, including allergy assessments and line placements.
- Participates as a consultative member of the management team in the development of policies and procedures as requested.
- Practices safe environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for billing and coding.
- Attends department team meetings as requested.
- Performs checks of emergency supplies including but not limited to the defibrillator, oxygen supplies, medications, and reversal agents.
- Follows all safety procedures required in the imaging department including but not limited to all radiation safety procedures.
- Performs other duties within scope as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association
- A minimum of 1 year of nursing experience in Interventional Radiology, ICU, Cath Lab or Emergency Room required
- Excellent IV and central line skills required
- Moderate sedation competency required
- Working Title: Registered Nurse II - Imaging - Outpatient Oncology
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus