Registered Nurse II - GI 12HR AWS
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0994945
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using innovative facilities. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one #1 in California and #2 in the nation!
Do you want to make a difference as a Nurse?
Cedars-Sinai provides virtually every known gastroenterologic procedure and treatment for digestive diseases and disorders. With inpatient and outpatient programs and state-of-the-art technology, specialized and internationally renowned physicians, and a body of research, clinical expertise and results, the Cedars-Sinai Digestive Disease team treats all disorders with skill and experience.
The Registered Nurse
- Administers and performs Moderate Sedation as per “Sedation” policy, Administrative Manual #CCN00213.
- Upon completion of Moderate Sedation Competency and Post Test, demonstrates knowledge of/and can implement approved discharge criteria for patients post sedation/anesthesia.
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge of relevant pre-procedure physical, emotional, psychological and other special needs of a patient undergoing GI procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of/implements pre-procedural testing and other clinical guidelines and protocols as appropriate; integrates data received and initiates early and appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of GI/Endoscopy procedures with relevant experience. Procedures including diagnostic as well as interventional endoscopy procedures.
- When assigned charge nurse responsibilities, coordinates unit activity throughout the shift, initiates chain of command as appropriate.
- Participates in at least 50% of unit meetings and provides constructive input to assist in unit direction.
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process (assess, plan, implement and evaluate) to provide safe, quality care to GI patients. He/she works collaboratively with the nursing staff, medical staff, and all health care team members.
- Demonstrates clear knowledge necessary to provide patient care by ensuring all instruments, equipment, and supplies are available for the procedure.
- Utilizes the nursing process along with SGNA standards to ensure all patient safety goals are incorporated into the patient's care.
- Demonstrates awareness of appropriate medication use and follows all policies concerning medication administration.
- Accurately labels and handles specimens.
Graduate from an accredited nursing program required
Current, unrestricted California RN license required
SGNA Certification preferred
Prior GI LAB experience or one year in a high acuity Intensive Care setting is preferred. Moderate Sedation administration experience preferred.
Lifting, Standing, Walking
Working Title:Registered Nurse II - GI 12HR AWS
Department:GI Diag/Endoscopy Unit
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus