- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - EDRequisition # 18000466 Apply Now
Every Skill. Every Effort. Everything We Have.
When the work you do every day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fourth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Cedars-Sinai’s Emergency Department (ED) has an immediate opening for an experienced Registered Nurse to work 12hr nights. The ED has 51 patient beds and a 7-space Fast Track. We are a Level I Trauma Center, a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, a Pediatric Critical Care Center and a Paramedic Base Station dedicated to providing comprehensive, leading-edge emergency care to a diverse adult and pediatric population.
The Registered Nurse II assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the emergency patient population.
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Provides direct and indirect care services, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- American Heart Association BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- EDAP or ENPC and TNCC or ATCN within first year of employment
- National Specialty certification (i.e. CEN, LA County MICN) preferred.
- Minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience in specialty.
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Full body motion
- Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
- Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist), flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
- Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - ED
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map