Registered Nurse - Education Program Coordinator - Float Pool
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0645930
Are you ready to be a leader? Do you inspire?
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our Education Program Coordinators do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. They are also part of the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided at Cedars-Sinai. Our people bring an unmatched passion to their craft and it shows in everything they accomplish, including achieving Magnet® designation for an unprecedented five times! Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
As an Education Program Coordinator for Capacity Management you will take a leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of education programs and projects for patients, personnel and community.
- You will work on a peer level with the Clinical Nurse Specialists and Associate Directors.
- You will provide guidance, direction and assistance to the health care team in maintaining and providing optimum quality of nursing care for patients
- You will assume the role of leader, clinician, researcher, educator, patient care advocate, consultant, inter and intra departmental liaison, and resource professional.
- You will maintain competency skills including the ability to deliver care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment and, provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in these patient populations.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required.
- Master's degree in Nursing or related field required.
- Valid California Registered Nurse license.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- National Specialty certification
- Minimum of 5 years acute care RN clinical experience.
- Experience teaching while communicating effectively in English (written and verbal communication) with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experienced in data management. Excellent organizational skills; effectively coordinate all aspects of education course design and implementation.
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Education Program Coordinator - Float Pool
- Department: NSG Float
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus