Registered Nurse - Crisis Command Center - 12-Hour Full Time Nights
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0637335
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
How would you like to serve as a liaison to facilitate emergent and routine transfer requests?
A Crisis Nurse:
- Is a proficient and experienced clinician who provides nursing efficiently using a high standard of technical and organizational skills as well as critical thinking ability.
- Possesses an in depth knowledge in all aspects of nursing care for a specific unit patient population and consistently applies specialized knowledge and skills in the management of nursing care for individual or groups of patients and their families.
- Is regarded as a resource for staff on patient care issues and responds to emergency codes such as rapid response, code blue, and code yellow.
- Responds to triage requests for admission through the transfer center.
As Crisis Nurse:
- You will respond to emergency calls and codes
- You will provide and document nursing process components and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient care services.
- You will provide experienced care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You will observe, evaluate and expeditiously alter plans of care based on signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- You will demonstrate advanced assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- You will plan and implement individualized patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams based on observations. Implement appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- You will take care of special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
The Crisis Nurse is Responsible for the Transfer Center!
- Contacting sending facility and obtain baseline clinical status and demographics.
- Call PFA (patient financial rep) and fax face sheet to acquire financial clearance.
- Facilitate and conduct MD/MD on recorded line when bed is assigned.
- Arrange and coordinate with case manager or staff from sending facility when bed is assigned. Instruct on required document to come with patient.
- Facilitate and conduct RN/RN report on recorded line.
- Contact ED registration to alert of patients transfer and fax face sheet.
- Assist with placement of outpatient psychiatric patients to psychiatric facilities.
- Enter Reddinet at 9am and 9pm.
- Decedent affairs: Talk/Comfort the family, assist in making arrangements, contact coroner if its a coroner's case (Makes copies of chart, escort detective to morgue and escort family to morgue to view body) and assist one legacy in harvesting organ (checking consent, provide assistance in accessing record.
- Provide break relief to units that are short of staff when instructed by AOD.
How would you like work in a collaborative environment?
- You will collaborate to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes
- You will establish effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s)
- Respond timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
- Share knowledge, time and expertise to assist other members of the team
- You will cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/or client groups
- You will identify and respond appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources
- And, represent the company with external constituents
How would you like to Supervise and Lead Teams!
- As a team lead responsibilities include supervising the work of others, assigning or allocating work to team, and ensuring tasks are completed according to deadlines and quality standards.
- Supervise the day to day work of employees, assigns work, ensures tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Plan, lead, and direct the work of staff to ensure goals and objectives are completed within established budget and deadlines are met.
- BSN preferred.
- CA RN License
- American Heart Association, BLS, ACLS
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of Critical Care experience.
- Internals applicant must be a CN II at CSMC for at least twelve (12) months and have 3-5 years of ICU experience
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Crisis Command Center - 12-Hour Full Time Nights
- Department: Capacity Command Center
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus