Registered Nurse - Career Float Pool - (ICU units/PACU, PCU/Tele/MedSurg, Women & Children or Emergency Services) - Part-time 12-Hour shifts with Premium Float Pay - $6,000 Hiring Incentive! (Days and Nights available)
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0993838
Make a difference in Cedars-Sinai's Career Float Pool!
Enjoy the flexibility of being a float-pool nurse while growing your career at Cedars-Sinai.
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different clinical areas while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and work in technologically advanced facilities to do something incredible for yourself and for others.
Join our float pool and expand our excellence in human caring.
Our nursing float pool not only provides a crucial service for those we have the privilege to serve, they are also a support network for the entire nursing team.
Supporting multiple units not only expands your experience it also expands your earnings potential.
It's a win-win-win – Cedars-Sinai gains flexibility to satisfy patient load, you can earn more money, and our patients benefit from highly educated staff with interdisciplinary experience.
The work you will do every single day will touch others' lives. They will know you care in the quiet moments together and through your dedication to get the job done when things are busier. Your colleagues will feel your support when you laugh and learn together.
We'll share in a culture of passion and dedication that pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
As a Career Float Registered Nurse, you will achieve the remarkable
- You'll advocate. Making sure that the voice of each patient is heard and respected. Standing up for right-thinking, right action, and right practice for those we care for, their families, each other and for our institution.
- You'll establish a global awareness. Viewing healthcare from both a macro and micro perspective, with an understanding of how the profession of nursing fits into the dynamic healthcare landscape.
- You'll have courage - Aggressively acting on the strength of our convictions, advocating for our patients, our colleagues and ourselves in both clinical and administrative settings, even in difficult circumstances.
- You will consider many perspectives. Valuing each person as an individual with different origins and different points of view – sharing the common goal of doing the right thing.
- You'll foster the continuity and quality of care with the best interest of patients, their families and support networks in mind.
- You will collaborate with integrated health care teams. Serving as a consultant and resource for the teams you support.
- You will demonstrate motivation, creativity and serve as a catalyst for effective changes within nursing at the unit, division, and organizational levels.
- You will apply clinical knowledge regarding standard patterns of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
- You will be an advocate for patient-centered care, patient rights and meeting customer's expectations.
- You'll use the available resources to expand your skills, and knowledge in the service of patient care and personal growth.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/employee-referrals
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
- California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and/or Pediatrics Advanced Life Support certifications required for RNs floated to certain designated units
- For RN III: Specialty certification (external applicants may obtain within 1 year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent RN experience in specialty. Note: (minimum 2 year recent acute RN experience for RN II)
- Experience in two or more nursing specialty areas (Adult Med/Surg/Tele/PCU, Adult ICU/PACU, Women’s Services, NICU & PICU, or Emergency Services)
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned clinical nurse level and specialties.
- Demonstrates a dedication to renown customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Outstanding communication skills, integrity and flexibility
Working Title:Registered Nurse - Career Float Pool - (ICU units/PACU, PCU/Tele/MedSurg, Women & Children or Emergency Services) - Part-time 12-Hour shifts with Premium Float Pay - $6,000 Hiring Incentive! (Days and Nights available)
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus