Registered Nurse - Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit Internship - 6SCCT - 12-Hour Nights
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 20003896A
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nurses are highly trained critical care nurses. ICU nurses provide specialized nursing care to patients who have life-threatening issues and require continued care. Their practice involves performing careful assessments of critical conditions, planning and implementing patient care plans, providing intensive therapy and intervention, operating life support systems, working collaboratively with the critical care team and advocating for patients
If you aspire to become an ICU nurse, we have opportunities available in our ICU Internship Program beginning August 2021. We offer an 8 week program that involves the following program: Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
We are excited to offer this program as it provides consistency with our didactic content. It is a Web-based orientation program that is geared to visual and auditory learners. As a condition of your employment, you are required to complete the electronics course and hands on classes.
6SCCT is a 24-bed Cardiac Surgical ICU caring for patients who have undergone surgical procedures such as open heart surgery or heart and/or lung transplant.
The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the critically ill cardiac ICU patient population
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Provides direct and indirect care services, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient’s readiness for learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient.
Note: there is an 18-month work commitment on the unit after completing the internship
Candidates selected for consideration will be invited to interview as scheduled
**Please apply to no more than 2 ICU specialty areas of interest
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program; BSN or MSN required.
- California State RN License required
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification required (may be obtained during internship).
- Minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit Internship - 6SCCT - 12-Hour Nights
- Department: 6 SCCT CICU/CSICU
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus