Registered Nurse - Alternative Care Unit (ACU) - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1216194
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
The Alternative Care Unit (ACU) is a 23-bed medical and surgical overflow unit specializing in the care and treatment of adult patients who require hospitalization for general medical, surgical and other procedures as needed. Nurses working on one of these fast-paced units require excellent partnership and a commitment to excellence every single day. Additional units are available for patient care when needed.
As a Registered Nurse for the ACU, you are responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population.
- You will provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- You will provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- You will provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- You will perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and initiate peripheral venous access.
- You will observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, or general physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- You will plan and implement individualized patient care based on observations. This will include appropriate reporting, referrals, and care in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make special adjustments as required to needs of the specific populations. This will include cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family, and condition needs.
- You will intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions for patients.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/employee-referrals
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association active ACLS.
- For RN III: Specialty certification (external applicants may obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse assigned level.
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Alternative Care Unit (ACU) - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: 3SPT Transitional Care
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$47.64 - $76.22
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus